The curriculum emphasizes leadership, motivational and interpersonal skill development.
Skill development and informational sessions include:
- Leadership skills,
- Critical thinking, and
- Life skills
There will be a Best Camper Award in memory of the late Randy Sherstobitoff presented which comes with a monetary fund of $100.00.
The campers are given the opportunity to provide feedback, to share in decision-making and to participate in camp work under the watchful eye of competent and dedicated staff which includes an experienced medical attendant.
They also participate in the development of the camp newspaper, which contains information that supplements and reinforces the material presented during the day, as well as providing topical information, personal profiles, and other enjoyable material.
But it is not all work for the campers! There is plenty of time for fun, sport, social and leisure activities that serve as a foundation for the development of a positive, responsible leadership attitude, lasting friendships and plenty of terrific memories.
Other activities include:
- Scavenger Hunt
- Slip and Slide & Water fight
- Kick Ball
Presenters for 2019
- Ernie Louttit: One of the first indigenous members of the Saskatoon Police Force. He is an author of two books, “Indian Ernie” and “Insights from the Street”.
Other Confirmed Presenters
- Andrew Andrews - 2SLGBTQ and identity
- Chris Brooks - goal setting
- Malcolm Gutfriend - forensic science
- Paul Siwy - project management
- Stan Cameron - alcoholism and addictions
- Jim Boswell - public speaking
- Red Cross (Scott McHenry) - emergency preparedness
- Janet Uchacz-Hart- financial literacy
- Wynyard Composite High School students - leadership from within and on a team
- Jonas Cossette - leadership within the service industry